The Competition: New Jersey Devils (11-10-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (16-8-1)The Time: 10:00 pm ETThe Program: MSG,  MSGSN2,  NHL NetworkLast Devils GameNew Jacket sunk to a new reduced this previous Friday,  obtaining burnt out by the league-worst San Jose Sharks in your home,  6-3. Chris called the loss "Dreadful and untenable" in his game recap. Yup.Last Canucks GameVancouver battled their fellow Western Canadians,  the Calgary Flames,  on Saturday evening. The Canucks came away with a 4-3 triumph,  with Nikita Zadorov assisting on the game-winner in his Canucks debut (versus the group that traded him,  no much less!)What Else is There to Say?The New Jersey Devils,  a team that entered into the period on the shortlist of Stanley Cup challengers according to numerous around the organization,  got doubled up on their home ice by the San Jose Sharks last Friday night.The San Jose Sharks are so horrifically negative that they shed their initial 11 video games of the season. The Devils lost to that team.The San Jose Sharks are so horrifically bad that a month ago they shed consecutive games by ratings of 10-1 and 10-2. The Devils shed to that team.The San Jose Sharks are so horrifically poor that they went the first 2 months without gaining even a solitary point in any one of their video games far from home Scott Stevens Jersey,  getting in Friday's competition sporting a road record of 0-10-0. The Devils lost to that team.The Devils lost an unlosable game.Yes I can speak myself off the ledge by pointing out the truth that by all statistical measures,  both traditional (the Devils outshot the Sharks 47-18) and progressed (New Jersey earned 70.57% of the anticipated objectives at 5-on-5 according to All-natural Stat Method),  the Devils outplayed the Sharks. Obtaining goalied is an actual point that happens to every team,  it happens.But what makes that even more irritating is that while the Devils were getting goalied by Kaapo Kahkonen,  the Sharks were indulging on Akira Schmid. Fresh off a truly piece de resistance against the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday,  in which Schmid quit 44 of 47 shots https://www.newjerseydevilsprostore.com … ahl-jersey,  head trainer Lindy Ruff decided to roll with Schmid for the 2nd fifty percent of the back-to-back. First of all,  that to me talks quantities regarding where Ruff's self-confidence degree is in Vitek Vanecek currently. But the strategy backfired stupendously as Schmid had probably the most awful game an Evil one goaltender has had this period,  which is saying something.It was likewise the first ready New Jersey after finding out the team will certainly lack Dougie Hamilton lengthy term,  possibly for the remainder of the period,  with a torn pectoral muscle mass that required surgery. I understand a number of you have a great deal of problems with Hamilton,  particularly how he plays defense,  however losing Hamilton is a remarkable impact to a team that actually can not manage to maintain shedding gamers to injury. His offense is elite,  and call me naive however I believe that Hamilton's protection is a little underrated by a great deal of Devils fans. Nonetheless also if I think he's a little far better than most,  I still do think he's misbehaved defensively this period. Then once again he was far from alone on the Devils blueline.His injury did open the door to something exciting though. Welcome to The Show Dawson Mercer Jersey,  Simon NemecUpon putting Hamilton on Long Term Injured Get,  the Devils phoned their blue chip defense possibility,  the second general pick in the 2022 draft,  Simon Nemec. The Slovakian blueliner debuted in North America last season with the Utica Comets,  and by all accounts he obtained off to a slow begin in the AHL prior to ending up the period very strong. This year,  Nemec remained to excite down in Utica,  and currently he ultimately gets his shot in the big leagues.So how did Nemec fare in his NHL launching? The Sharks,  as described,  are a dumpster fire's dumpster fire,  so take the adhering to with a grain of salt. but he did extremely well. He registered two helps in the video game while completed with three shots on goal. Under the hood,  Nemec looked great at 5-on-5: Corsi For%: 72.09%Scoring Chances For%: 70.00%High Risk Corsi For %: 77.78%Expected Goals For%: 67.94%Exceptional numbers throughout the board.Even a lot more interesting to me was the truth that Nemec played a massive 22:38,  which led all Devils defensemen. He really did not do with the team lead however,  because Tyler Toffoli played 23:20,  and Jack Hughes played an unintelligible 27:16. That understands if Nemec is below to stay since Hamilton is gone https://www.newjerseydevilsprostore.com … ton-jersey,  or if he's going to get the timeless nine-game appearance prior to being returned down. It's exciting to finally see a large piece of the Devils' future personally,  and although it happened in the Devils' worst loss of the period,  I tip my cap to the young Mr. Nemec,  and praise him on his NHL launching. Below's to many,  lots of even more in a hopefully outstanding career in red and black.One Gamer Back,  One More On the Way?One last note prior to going on to the Canucks,  because rather frankly if I remain to invest any even more time assuming about the Devils I could freak out. Timo Meier returned from injury on Friday night,  his first video game since November 14th in Winnipeg. Meier was not eased back in,  playing 21:30 versus his old team. He do with no points,  five shots,  and a 5-on-5 xGF% of 45.45%. Not a great return for Meier. We can only wish he was simply getting rid of the rust and he regains his type quickly.Meanwhile,  Erik Haula has actually been out the past few video games because of injury himself. He's obviously not close to the most important ahead on the team,  yet he offers an essential function on the lineup https://www.newjerseydevilsprostore.com … ote-jersey,  providing power and physicality and a little objective racking up touch just for excellent procedure. Well the Devils obtained some good news in relation to a prospective Haula return: It was just an issue of time before Erik Haula rejoined #NJDevils practice. The writing was on the wall surface with Laberge returned to Utica.But for a veterinarian that is outspoken,  tough working and extreme,  it could not come at a far better time to have Haula back.

--